Thursday, March 5, 2009

twenty nine



Embry and Ellie are 29 months old... the same age Hayes was when they were born.

To say there was some adjusting to his new baby brother and sister would be an understatement. He was so sweet with the babies but wasn't too fond of sharing the spotlight. Now look at him... such a big boy. But still not too fond of sharing the spotlight!
We headed to the park today seeing that it was so nice and Daddy was around to help. And explanations for the clothes today? No explanations, I'm afraid. It's really just a matter of choosing your battles. Besides, I'm a huge fan of their creative fashion! :)

11 tellin' me what I want to hear!:

Allison said...

CUTE! We went to the park today too!

Dion said...

Looks like a fabulous day!

Sara said...

Huge fan of picking your battles and letting them choose clothing! I might never leave the house some days if I didn't!!

Melisa said...

Dang. My comment just disappeared.

I'll try again.

I'm a pick your battles parent and clothes doesn't make the cut. I don't even care what I'm wearing half the time! ;o)

I remember crying when Daven reached the age Jaden was when he was born. He was still such a baby and I was feeling guilty for putting that on him. Silly in retrospect, I know.

Jessi said...

It's so neat that you thought back to how old Hayes was when his world was rocked by not one, but TWO babies and compared it to how old Embry and Ellie are now. Hayes was (and still is) SO cute! Look how little he was....he has grown so much...and look, now he's helping his brother to swing.

While Laney hasn't yet reached the age Josiah was when she was born, I've thought about how old Josiah was when we got pregnant with Laney...that would be next month. UGH!

I heard it was a nice day in your neck of the woods today...glad ALL of you got to get out of the house and enjoy it. ;-)

Minnie said...

I remember that day at the park with Hayes while you and E&E were sleeping... it was after one of his art classes I took him to. He was more interested in the park than the class! We blew through his projects to get outside & play!

At least Ellie wears bows these days ;)... Papaw said "Those are some good looking kids!"

Papaw and Minnie will have to take them to a park tomorrow when we come as it is to be another nice day! Picnic anyone?

Jane Anne said...

I bet that was quite a transition for him!! It looks like you had a great time at the park. I love the fun clothes!

Anonymous said...

That park is so much fun. Wow it's plain to see how big those kiddoes are getting - and what fun they have with mom and dad! Great pictures - looks like alot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It seems like everyone is getting out for a little taste of spring these days. Gotta love a little sunshine!

elle's mom said...

i suppose this won't be the last time there is no explanation for the wardrobe choices. as always, cute kids and a fun read!

Anonymous said...

Oh would you quit putting those then and now pictures up! It reminds me of how quickly time is passing by....lol
Maybe if I hadn't allowed the battles with Laura and clothes she wouldn't want them so much now? Anyway, I did allow her creativity in art along with the messes and look at her now! So I agree.Looking forward to some park and pond days with the kids.

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs