My 100th post! This blogging thing has turned out to be more than just journaling life around here in the Woodshed. It has been a release for me. An escape. Something I hope my kids can look back on someday and get a feel for what life was like through Mom's eyes.
2. i have been pregnant twice, but blessed with 3 kids.
6. i started dating kyle after high school and knew I couldn't live without him... which is funny because i thought he was nuts up until that point.
8. i am the first born. my younger sister (by 5 years) was way more spoiled than i.
9. i sweep the kitchen floor three times a day.
10. i do at least two loads of laundry a day.
11. i think dusting is way overrated.
12. i wish i had my mom's energy.
13. i miss my dog.
16. i took piano lessons for most of my upbringing... i have no desire to sit down and play. i don't even know that i could now.17. i'm definitely more behind the scenes than center of attention.
18. i don't listen to the radio... because of commercials.
19. i don't watch much tv... because of commercials.
20. my favorite shows are the office and lost. we watch them online... to avoid the commercials.
21. a couple of my favorite movies are juno and how to lose a guy in ten days. deep, i know.
22. i wonder what in the world i did before my ipod.
23. i am a magazine ripper... i have a huge file folder filled with ideas i have ripped out of magazines over the years.
24. i love home decor. i look forward to the day i can make our house a home without feeling bad about spending money to do so.
26. i am a planner. not the best at executing those plans. see number 23.
27. i love taking pictures.
28. i love taking pictures even more if my cutie patootie subjects would cooperate and look at the camera!
29. i love photoshop.
30. i get really really um, agitated while playing ping pong.
31. i play my praise music as often as i can to keep me out of the funk of everyday chaos.
32. public speaking is the worst thing in the world.
33. having my feet rubbed is one of the best.
34. so is lying on the beach at night with my husband.
36. i want to be able to afford a housekeeper asap.
37. i want to be able to afford a tummy tuck asap.
38. i dream about adopting a child someday.
39. i grew up in a small town so i felt obligated to play sports, which i never really cared for.
41. i loathe whining.
42. and waiting at the doctor's office with three crazy kids in one little room.
44. i think dads should clean toilets until they can teach their little boys to aim correctly.
45. i am a simple girl who likes simple things... but i like those simple things a very particular way.
46. i'm not a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, worry-free type of girl. sometimes i wish i was. but then that would make things too easy, wouldn't it? :)
47. i have too expensive of taste for most things. but i truly believe that you get what you pay for.
48. i don't really have an interest in jewelry. i rarely wear earrings, even though my husband likes me to. however, i am trying to change that with a significant amount of jewelry i brought home from the dallas market.
49. i love the killers.
50. i love addison road.
51. i love the all-american rejects.
52. i love jack johnson.
53. i love dancing with my kids in the kitchen.
54. i love the one-on-one time i get with each of my kids.
55. i love piling on the couch with all three kids and reading books.
56. i love cooking and trying new recipes. i try new recipes more than making old stand-bys.
57. i dream of a big kitchen with lots of room and all things williams-sonoma.
59. brownies please!
60. i love pizza (cheese and margherita) and can't eat it without drinking a pop.
62. i try really hard to drink only one diet coke a day.
65. my first car was a red beretta. i've had 4 cars since then.
66. i had the glamorous job of a lifeguard for 6 summers... glorified babysitter and poop scooper (yes, people really poop in the pool... ewww.) at least I had a nice tan.
67. i have always had the problem of expecting too much from people.
70. as my first job out of college, i worked as an assistant manager, getting paid in pennies at stage. i had an apparel merchandising minor and i thought i wanted to be a buyer or do retail management. ugh. what was i thinking? that job didn't last very long.
71. i moved onto marketing for a d.u.i. school in oklahoma city. interesting. my favorite part of this job was the day trips visiting court houses all over oklahoma. my dog went along sometimes.
72. we moved to norman and i found myself as the campaign director of the united way for 4 years. it really opened my eyes to the importance of getting involved in your community. there are so many people that need help.
73. we moved to tulsa for medical school and i began the career of a stay at home mommy. it has been the best (and hardest job) so far.
75. i want my husband to take me to bora bora someday.
79. i don't think i ever really brush my hair.
84. i love to read but it's been awhile since i've sat down with a book.
86. i prefer to chop with a knife... you'll never see a hand chopper in my kitchen!
87. my eyes suck.
88. i wear flip flops way too much.
89. i wear my hair in a ponytail way too much.
90. i wear my favorite pj pants from laura way too much.
91. after living back in our hometown last year, i am actually looking forward to moving back after residency. city life is great but there is just something about small town life that i want my kids to experience.
92. i was an aunt for the first time this past summer! one precious little maddox and another nephew, jude is on his way this spring!
93. i have never used my china... or crystal... or fancy silverware in the ten years we've been married.
94. i'm left-handed, but only when i write and eat.
95. i started recycling this fall and don't know why i didn't start sooner. it's kinda fun.
96. kyle and i want to live in a barn after residency. a really cool barn. :)
97. i was in a sorority in college and pretty much hated every minute of it.
98. i would do the sorority again just to have those 3 girls in my life.
99. i'm learning to love me for me. it's taken me longer than most to discover who i really am.100. i once got busy in a burger king bathroom. not really... this was just in my head the whole time! thank you middle school rap music.
still with me? wow. you made it. all. the. way. to. the. end. coming up with 100 things about myself was way harder than i thought. let's not do that again, okay?